Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Technology

I have been reading blogs and each time I review them I come away feeling very antiquated. Lesley Riley is talking about a new MAC – I haven’t mastered the PC. Technology frightens me. When I look at how far we have come in the last 10yrs I can’t help but wonder what is in store for us in the near future. On-line journals for communication and sales, on-line classes and SHOPPING! – will we become a nation of people who never leave home? Or worse, never leave their computer?

Don’t get me wrong, I love most aspects of my computerized life, but there are some areas that make me crazy. I needed to purchase some canned dog food, the expensive prescription blend, for my mini schnauzer, Ginny. We were out of town, so I located a vet clinic and asked for the food. Because I wasn’t a client, it took the receptionist about 15 minutes to make the sale. She had to futz with the computer invoicing system to get it to allow a general purchase. I don’t call this simplifying life. I guess I should have purchased a case on-line before I left home.







Ginny and Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment