Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Abigail's Art Retreat

I’ve received many requests to allow children to attend our events. And also have had many suggestions to offer a retreat just for kids. I would love to take Abby to a place where we could take a class together -- that wonderful bonding time with a child. Something really creative instead of just attending a movie or a theme park. With that in mind, we have developed the first mixed media art retreat for adults and children. Abigail’s Art Retreat will be held in Portland, at the Embassy, Feb 14-16, 2009. The retreat is open to artistic and creative children when accompanied by an adult. It is NOT a camp – it IS an opportunity to enhance a creative experience with a parent and a child. The classes will be taught by Art & Soul instructors and will be of that caliber. We will accept ages from 6-14 and will offer both all day and 3 hour classes. Adults can attend without a child with the understanding that there will be kids in the classes!
The Embassy Suites is going to prepare kid friendly meals for us and we will have a pool party plus some other fun things in the evenings. All the info will be on the website July 1. …… I’m excited about this new addition to Art & Soul!




Abby & Jan taking Tracie & Marylin Huskamp's class

1 comment:

  1. Glenny this is music to my ears! I have a very artistic 13 year old who has been asking to attend large art venues with me for years now! She comes and helps me teach locally and would love something like this! I would be REALLY interested in teaching 1 day and taking classes with my Jules the others. What do I need to do to apply to teach? I have volunteered as the "Art Mom" at my kids middle school for 5 years now and they always love when I come in with special projects! I would loce to teach a class on handmade/stitched valentines (since they seem to love that best and the retreat is in February). I look forward to hearing back from you!

    xox
    jen osborn

    ReplyDelete