Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Summer Highs!

This is quite a summer in Boring, Oregon. Aside from the record setting heat wave, life is buzzing. Portland and Las Vegas classes continue to fill and it is most rewarding. The excitment about going Madison and our return to VA continues to thrill me. This has been my 10th year of producing art retreats and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly time has passed. I never dreamed that my passion for parties, people and art would eventually become my livelihood. How fortunate and thankful I am for this truly a blessing.

Abigail was just a baby when I first began rubber stamping. I made her birth announcements and was so proud of this feeble accomplishment! Embossing powder and all. (Does anyone else still have boat loads of colors of powders? I still love to use it.)

Now, Abigail is almost 11 and this weekend, she was chosen as the 2010 Oregon Pinto Sweetheart Princess! She and Secret have been in several shows this summer -- two in this miserable heat. Abby has amazed me with her devotion not only to her horse, but to learning everything equestrian. She is not afraid to get dirty or to try anything new. I am very proud of her.

Waiting for the announcement to hear who has been selected for the Court


The honorary lap around the arena

Dressed for the evening ceremony

No comments:

Post a Comment